Travel back in time and discover life in 1850 with a trip to Ardenwood Historic Farm. Located in Fremont California, a 40 minute drive from San Francisco, Ardenwood is a fully functioning farm featuring costumed staff, animals, gardens, and tours of an original Victorian mansion!
Activities at Ardenwood Historic Farm are ever changing throughout the year, so enjoy multiple trips through the changing seasons.
Things to Do
- Enjoy a tour through the historic estate mansion, guided by knowledgeable, costumed staff members.
- Ride the horse drawn train into the park.
- Explore the historic gardens.
- Visit the many animals that call Ardenwood home, including bunnies, cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, and even peacocks.
Ardenwood Historic Farm Insider Tips
- Many activities, tours, and other features of the farm are seasonal. Make sure to visit the Naturalist link for more information.
- Wear comfortable shoes!
- Parking is free, however admission and parking prices can change based on special events.
- Dogs are not allowed at the farm.
- Ardenwood Historic Farm is open Tuesday-Sunday.
- Visit the About The Park page for more information and trail maps.