Scottsdale's Butterfly Wonderland re-creates a tropical rainforest environment for its incredible population of butterfly. Families can walk among these beautiful creatures, marvelling at them as they fly around. They may even land on you if you are lucky. Aside from this there is a 3D Theater to be enjoyed along with a live ant colony, an exhibit that allows you to see the inner workings of a bee hive and an Aquarium which focuses on the aquatic life of the Amazon River.
Things to Do
- The Butterfly Wonderland's Conservatory is an incredible sight. The 10,000 square foot atrium is the largest of its kind in the United States. Amongst the many species that can be seen are varieties from Central and South America and Asia.
- Kids will also be amazed at the Butterfly Emergence Center where you get the opportunity to view the metamorphosis of a chrysalid into a Blue Morpho Butter
- Regular photography events are held at Butterfly Wonderland. Waking up with the Butterflies sees a group no larger than 20 arrive at the center an hour prior to opening to shoot the awakening butterflies.
- At the Point & Shoot Beautifully Photography Workshop professional photographer Lisa Langell teaches visitors ten effective techniques to get better pictures which you can practice straight away on the Center's population of buttefly.
- Yoga in the Rainforest promises a relaxing time for all particapants led by a professional yoga instructor.
Butterfly Wonderland Insider Tips
- Butterfly Wonderland allows service dogs to enter their exhibits. The facility is 100% wheelchair accessible.
- On the first full Saturday and Sunda of each month there are three closed caption showings of the Flight of the Butterflies 3D movie for the deaf.
- While visiting you con stop into the neighboring Odysea Mirror Maze. It is possible to buy a joint ticket for both attracitons together in advance on Butterfly Wonderland's website.