It doesn't take a genius to work out what you're going to see in the Art Car Museum! So what are you waiting for? This fascinating museum in Houston has some of the coolest cars you'll ever see and pretty much every single one of them is out of the ordinary. Since 1998, the Art Car Museum, which also goes by the humorous nickname "Garage Mahal", has put these fully-functioning art cars on display. The museum also hosts folk art in addition to the cars.
Things to Do
- Make sure to watch the educational documentary video. The video lasts around 15 minutes and includes some of the most interesting characters to ever feature in such a film.
- See a collection of art where cars are the canvas and literally anything goes!
- Don't forget to see the folk art in the Art Car Museum.
Art Car Museum Insider Tips
- Despite being a museum focusing on cars, parking can be rather difficult to find so make sure to research a suitable place to park if you are driving to the museum. The museum can also be reached on foot from downtown Houston so you may want to consider parking somewhere around there.
- As the cars on display are changed every three months throughout the year, you should consider going back a multiple times a year to really get the most out of the experience.
- Like what you see? Houston also has a yearly "Art Car Parade" in which these weird and wonderful vehicles are actually driven. Make sure not to miss it!