Create a gift or home accent that anyone would treasure with this Artwork Candles craft. This art project is surprisingly easy and produces fantastic results. The only downside is that the finished project is so beautiful that you won't want to burn the candle and lose that precious artwork. The good news is that because they are so easy to make, you can make more with ease.
- White pillar candles of any size
- White Tissue Paper
- Wax Paper
- Hair Dryer
How to Make It
- Measure and cut a piece of tissue paper to fit around your choice of pillar candle.
- Use your markers to carefully draw patterns, pictures or messages onto the delicate tissue paper.
- When finished drawing. Wrap the candle with the tissue paper with the marker side facing the candle.
- While holding the design in place, wrap wax paper around the artwork wrapped candle. It is a good idea to leave a little extra at the end to hold onto during the heating process.
- Use your hairdryer to distribute hot air evenly around the artwork. This takes a little bit of time and patience but as you heat areas of the candle and the wax starts to melt slightly, the tissue paper suddenly becomes part of the candle.
- Pay close attention to the color difference when the tissue paper becomes one with the candle. Make sure the entire tissue paper drawing uniformly transfers over to the candle.
- Carefully, pull away the wax paper to reveal your special custom Artwork Candle!