Asia Society Texas center exhibits, engages and educates about the Asian culture and diversity with the purpose of encouraging a deeper understanding and connection between the western and Eastern world. Houston, TX has a vibrant Asian American community and the center strives to enhance the community outreach and through exhibits and events describes Asian art, culture, business and more. Admission to the building and the main hall is free, the museum is open all through the week except Mondays.
Things to Do
- Tour the museum and learn about the Asian culture, and learn about different stories and events from the Asian diaspora.
- Current exhibit displays Japanese photography on the Japan's catastrophic earthquake of 2011, and photographic exhibit of N. Korea's social and popular figures.
- See the new exhibit on bamboo art, enjoy yoga classes every Tuesday in the Asian center.
- Visit the Jade Stone cafe and enjoy some scrumptious soups and salads, sandwiches, desserts and more.
- Families can create crafts together in the family days, family day offers games, story-telling and lots of fun activities.
- Asia-fest is a free event that displays arts & crafts, food, demonstrations and more.
Asia Society Texas Center Insider Tips
- Shop from the Asia store online.