Atlantic Street Park is a compact park but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Here parents can rest assured their kids won't go running off and get lost; plus it is much easier to supervise them while they play on the park's playground. Another plus is that the park has adult fitness equipment. Though these exercise stations are mainly designed with older people in mind they can provide a good workout for adults of any age.
Things to Do
- Atlantic Street Park's playground was given a total renovation only a few years ago so it is in great condition. There are swing sets, slides and lots of things for your kids to climb on. This play area along with the paths in the park are all ADA compliant.
- It is not just children who are catered for at the Atlantic Street Park. The organizers of the Park should be commended for realising that though parents are looking after their kids it doesn't nesecarily mean they don't want to work out too. So to keep everyone active they have set up various exercise stations outside the playground area.
- Parents or grandparents can get a decent work out while never once taking their eyes off their children!
Atlantic Street Park Insider Tips
- You can see what other people are up to at the Atlantic Street Park and many other Seattle parks on the Seattle parks Flickr account.
- If you would like to dedicate your time to help maintain Seattle's parks then you can volunteer as the are always looking for help.