Minutes from downtown Louisville, Atlantis WaterPark (formerly Wave Tek) offers some relief from the summer heat with a large wave pool, a number of water slides, and a special area for toddlers, complete with a pool, slides and climbing structures.
The wave pool has a zero-entry shoreline and sinks as deep as 5 feet. The waves come in 10-minute intervals, then there is a 10-minute rest period.
Things to Do
- For a few dollars, families can rent an inner tube and have some fun with the kids in the wave pool.
- Race down one of the two body only slides; or whoosh down one of the two slides that require a tube.
- Grab some food at King Neptune's Cafe, where hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, pizza, nachos and more are served for a reasonable price.
- Stop by the ice cream/souvenir shop for a treat and/or a memento.
Atlantis Water Park Insider Tips
- Pay a small deposit for a locker and get most of it back when you return the key.
- Credit cards are accepted throughout the park, even for small purchases such as the inner tubes.
- Stay & Play packages are available when you stay overnight at the Clarion Hotel. $99 Gets a one night stay plus 4 free passes to visit Atlantis Waterpark. (Stay & play option must be used/redeemed at the same time).