Auditorium Shores is a public park in downtown Austin, Texas located on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, a beautiful reservoir on the Colorado River. This immense green space is best known as the site of the famous South by Southwest music festival as well as other popular events like Fun Fun Fun Fest, which celebrates music and comedy each year. Other park attractions include the Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail, an off-leash dog area, and plenty of space to play frisbee or fly a kite with your family.
Things to Do
- Attend a concert in the park! Its most famous music performances take place each year during the world-famous South by Southwest festival.
- Get some exercise by going for a family hike or bike ride along the Anne and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail, which is just over 10 miles long and encircles the entirety of Lady Bird Lake.
- Bring along a frisbee, a soccer ball, or a kite, and take advantage of the immense green spaces that are available in the park.
Auditorium Shores Insider Tips
- Don't miss Fun Fun Fun Fest, an annual Austin celebration of music and comedy that is known for its great street food and fun attractions.
- Bring along your dog to get some exercise in the park! They're sure to enjoy running around the huge off-leash dog area.
- Make sure to bring along a camera so that you can take photos of the spectacular views of the Austin skyline and the lake.