Audubon Center at Debs Park in North East Los Angeles, California is a environmental education and conservation center. The building of the environmental education center is made of recycled building materials, and the center operates entirely on its power through the on-site solar system. Audubon center strives to serve the community and educate about the impact of nature on our daily lives and the impact we're generating due to our actions as a community. Audubon center offers summer camps, filed trips and free weekend family activities.
Things to Do
- Visit the Audubon center and explore the wildlife at Debs Park, it's an exciting place to spot birds especially in the Spring season. Explore the hiking trails and experience different species of plants on your way.
- You can spot a variety of birds such as lark sparrow, humming birds, American pipit, hawks, finches, and warblers. You can also spot Butterflies, snakes and amphibians.
- You may also spot raccoons, coyote, squirrels and rabbits.
- Near the parking lot is a large picnic area.
- You can rent equipment for bird viewing such as binoculars, books and strollers that can be used on trails.
- Several educational programs for the youth are offered that help in protecting the environment and the wildlife.
- The LEED platinum certified green building at the Audubon center can be rented for private gatherings. You can host your kid's birthday party here.
- Many arts and crafts activities and outdoor family-friendly movie showing events are held in the Summer.
Audubon Center at Debs Park Insider Tips