Ault Park is a beautiful 224-acre urban park located atop a hill in Cincinnati, Ohio. In addition to providing spectacular panoramic views of the Little Miami River valley, the park is known for its impressive gardens and its Italian Renaissance-style pavilion, which was built in 1930 and is often used for events. The park also features a two playgrounds, a soccer field, picnic facilities, and numerous nature trails that families can explore together.
Things to Do
- Go on a family hike along one of the park's nature trails, which pass through forests, prairies, and grassy areas. You can find a printable trail map here.
- Take your child to one of the park's two playgrounds, where they can climb, slide, and swing for hours.
- Explore the park's beautiful flower gardens! One of the most popular gardens is The Garden of Old Roses, which is especially gorgeous in the late spring and summer.
Ault Park Insider Tips
- Visit the Ault Park Advisory Council's website to learn about upcoming events such as music festivals, fireworks displays, and flower shows that will take place in Ault Park throughout the year.
- Use this Kids' Tree Trail Guide to encourage your child to learn about various kinds of trees and what their wood is used for while you hike through the park.
- Don't miss the Heekin Overlook, which provides some of the best views of the Little Miami River valley in the area.