The Baltimore National Aquarium has over 17,000 fascinating animals to view and discover and explore. A unique feature about this aquarium is that it offers a Dolphin show and offers the Dolphin Encounters experience and other experiences, as well as overnight adventures! All guests have unlimited access to the Dolphin Discovery Zone. They have a new exhibit called the Blacktip Reef which boasts that there is excitement and wonder to view from every angle in this floor to ceiling tank. There are incredibly beautiful photographic moments to behold and educational family fun to be had.
Things to Do
- Dolphin Encounters
- Overnight Adventures
- Viewing and learning about 17,000 spectacular animals
- Various other animal encounters are available
- At 9am every morning, there is an encounter with a new bird or lizard
- Take a behind the scenes Veterinarian tour
- Go on a Gallery tour before the museum even opens
- Gift Shop
Aquarium Insider Tips
- The Best Times to visit are before 11am on weekdays and after 3pm on weekends when crowds are at their minimum.
- You may buy your tickets online so you can avoid the long lines at the ticket counter.
- Be sure to check the website for special offers on parking, discounted rates and admission.
- This aquarium does not take part in any reciprocal membership programs.
- When you arrive at the aquarium, there are digital message boards which you can check to find out the events that the aquarium has to offer that day.
- It is important to note that you must check your strollers in at the Aquarium. I would highly suggest using a baby carrier or sling for your visit because strollers are not allowed due to the escalators and moving pathways.