Beginning Sewists will have great fun creating this Bandana Sling Backpack. This easy going and popular styled backpack is great for easy toting and is relatively easy to make. They are great to take on field trips, sports and to travel with because they are not bulky and they are secure while remaining an easy access bag. They also stow away easily when they are empty.
All that you need to get started are a few simple sewing supplies and 2 bandanas in any style or color that you desire. In about 30 minutes you will end up with a work of art that is both useful and beautiful.
- 2 bandanas
- medium sized sweatshirt cording
- sewing machine
How to Make It
- Fold one side edge on each bandana over about one inch and stitch. This will create the top casing for your backpack.
- Right the sides together with the casing edges at the top.
- Put the bandanas together and stitch up the sides. Stop just before you get to the casing edge. You want this to stay open.
- Cut the cording in half.
- Thread one length of cording through the casing and back out again on the same side you started. Do the same on the opposite side.
- The loose ends should be on the inside where the right sides are.
- Line the ends of the corner up with the bottom corners of the bandanas.
- Stitch across the bottom to close it up, capturing the ends of the cord.
- Turn right side out.
- Pull the side cords to cinch up the top.