New York's Bank Street Bookstore specializes in children's literature. It also sells a range of other kid's stuff alongside hosting regular events and programs which young readers are sure to enjoy.
Things to Do
- The book store organizes special events for different age groups. At 10.30 am every day the store hosts an hour long toddler story time which anyone can come along to.
- On Saturdays and Sundays there is a free improvisatory puppet show held at 1.00 pm. On Wednesdays and Sundays there are also dramatized readings of books from kids from the ages of 9 to 17.
- Popular children's authors are often invited in to do a reading or a book signing. To stay abreast of these various events check out the Bank Street's Events Calendar
- There is a huge range of kid's books being sold that are specially chosen by the staff. Alongside the books there are lots of games, toys and educational materials that can be used by teachers and parents alike.
Bank Street Bookstore Insider Tips
- If you want to get your child a book related gift but you aren't sure what to buy them then ask the staff for suggestions. If you are really unsure then take the stress off with a store gift card. If you buy a birthday gift in store you can ask the staff to wrap it up nicely for you.
- If there is a particular book you want that you can't find anywhere else just place a special order through Bank Street and they will call you once it arrives in store.