Barnsdall is known as a hub of art in Los Angeles with a great view of the city skyline and Hollywood Hills. The place is not as big as the usual parks where you can go out for a jog but the site makes up for it with the art buildings such as the Hollyhock House, Barnsdall Art Center, Junior Art Center, and Gallery Theater.
Things to Do
- Visit the Municipal Art Gallery and see works of local artists. The exhibits are focused on sculpture, photography, painting, design, and installation works. Check the Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery website to know more about their Current Exhibitions and Events. Admission is free!
- The park hosts different activities for the family such as Free Family Workshops every Sunday and Farmer's Market on Mondays. For an adults-only weekend, attend the Friday night wine tasting. Check the park's website for schedule and tickets for upcoming events.
- Enroll your kids in art classes at the Junior Art Center. Barnsdall Art Center also offers art classes for adults that tackles painting, sculpting, and photography.
- Visit the Hollyhock House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The house has been in renovation for a while now so check their website to see if you can already go in.
- Take the family on an afternoon picnic, play with the kids, read a book, and watch the sun set over the city.
Barnsdall Art Park Insider Tips
- Bring your pet along. The park is dog-friendly.
- Park your car on the space right next to the park to save minutes of uphill climb.