Barrington Hall is a beautiful Greek Revival-style mansion that was built in the 1830s in Roswell, Georgia. Frequently recognized as one of the most beautiful homes in the Atlanta area and one of the finest examples of Greek Revival architecture in the United States, Barrington Hall and its gorgeous gardens are open to the public for tours. It also frequently hosts events such as day camps for children, cooking classes, lectures, and writing programs.
Things to Do
- Take a tour of the impressive mansion, which features original furnishings and paintings.
- View the many exhibits, which feature artifacts that belonged to the family and provide information about the fascinating history of Barrington King and his family.
- Explore the beautiful gardens surrounding the mansion, including the formal garden, the top garden filled with flowers that were common in the mid-1800s, and Eva's garden, which is named after the original owner's daughter.
Barrington Hall Insider Tips
- Take a free guided tour of the historic gardens from 9:30 to 10:00 a.m. on Mondays from March through September.
- View their events page to learn about upcoming activities such as children's camps, cooking classes, and history-themed lectures.
- If you'd like to visit all of the historic homes in Roswell, you can save money on admission by purchasing a Trilogy Pass for between $15 and $18 per person. It includes admission to Barrington Hall, Bulloch Hall, and the Smith Plantation.