Battleship USS Iowa is part of a maritime museum located at the port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, California. The USS Iowa museum holds the most prominent artifact, Battleship USS Iowa that served during world war 2, Korean war and cold war. The maritime museum offers daily tours, educational activities, events, military ceremonies and filming. Families can have a memorable journey while touring the most powerful warship to date, visitors can tour various exhibits on six decks of the battleship.
Things to Do
- Daily tours are a great way to explore the ship, see the largest guns, President Roosevelt's cabin, missile decks, helicopter deck, mess decks and other areas. Children will have a great time learning history and concepts of science and technology that were used into building the ship.
- "I found Vicky" is a fun activity for kids, Vicky was the mascot that served on board from 1943 to 1949, kids can find Vicky with the help of puzzles and a scavenger hunt and receive a special prize for finding Vicky. The activity has no additional cost. Strollers are not allowed on board, as there are several steep stairs and obstacles on tour.
- Battleship Iowa offers birthday party packages for the kids in the age group of 5-15. The birthday package includes a pizza party, guided tour of ship for all kids, and Iowa souvenirs.
- Space is available for a picnic, special private events and meetings can be held on the ship.
- The gift store stocks exclusive merchandise.
- Film screening festivals are held on ship.
Battleship USS Iowa Insider Tips
- Wheelchairs are not allowed on ship.
- Kids aged 5 and under can enter for free.
- Save some by buying tickets online.