Discover the science, creativity, art, and excitement of play at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. Bring children of all ages, infant to school age to this hands on museum that offers endless fun both inside and outdoors.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum is located in Sausalito, California, just under ten miles from the heart of San Francisco.
Things to Do
- Visit the Tot Spot. The museum offers a special toddler area for children under 3 years to explore age appropriate activities. Children can climb, splash, and crawl in this fun sensory area.
- Play with water, view sea creatures, and learn about birds that nest in the area at the Wave Workshop.
- Get messy at the Art Studio!
- Explore Lookout Cove. This outdoor adventure area allows children to discover a real fishing boat, explore the hull of a ship, pretend, and become construction workers on the model Golden Gate Bridge!
- Visit the Bean Sprouts Café, where healthy food is offered in fun shapes! teach children to make healthy choices while having fun!
Bay Area Discovery Museum Insider Tips
- The museum closes annually for maintenance. Check their website before your trip to ensure they will be open.
- Visit the website for fun tips on how to enhance your child's learning from home. The site offers multiple "Museum at Home" suggestions and activities for learning based in play.
- The museum offers free days on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Consider purchasing a membership which pays for itself after just three visits.