Located in the west end of the island, Beachwalker County park is the only beach with public access on Kiawah Island. The beach is not crowded which makes it very ideal for families on vacation. Basic amenities such as dressing areas and picnic tables are available for use.
Things to Do
- During summer, the water is usually warm. The gentle waves make swimming possible even for smaller kids. Lifeguards are also on duty to ensure that the kids don't go too far. However, there are no lifeguards in the place during off season. Extra care must be taken if you go during off season.
- Depending on the season, beach chairs and tables are available for rent. Call the park before going if you wish to confirm availability. On a good summer day, you can set up your chairs and tables by the beach and enjoy a nice, relaxing time with the family.
- Dogs are welcome on the beach all-year round, on-leash or off-leash. Owners usually take their dogs on the southern end of the beach.
- The beach is wide and compact. You can go for a walk, rent and ride your bike on the beach, or take your dog for a run.
- Low tide is the best time for the kids to explore and gather shells as well as play in the small tidal pools.
Beachwalker County Park Insider Tips
- If you are planning to go on a picnic, bring all the food and drinks that you need. The availability of the food concessionaire is seasonal and they only sell the basics. The nearest stores are 30 minutes away from the beach.