Dress up your bare feet with these cute and easy to make Beaded Barefoot Sandals. Wear them around the house or outside in warmer climates. This project is great fun for all ages and only requires two craft items to create. Crafters of all ages will enjoy adorning their feet in their masterpieces. They will never even realize that they are also honing their hand eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Stretchy elastic jewelry cording
- Pony beads or other assorted beads.
How to Make Them
- Cut (2) 24 inches of cording for each pair of sandals. Older children may need to use longer.
- Fold each of the pieces of cording in half and leaving a 1 inch loop at the end, tie each string with a double knot.
- Slip 3-6 beads through the two loose cords on one of the cording.
- Then divide the two strands and add beads to each strand.
- Repeat this process in steps 3 and 4 on the other piece of cording.
- Have the child sit in a chair with their feet flat on the floor.
- Fit the loop of each sandal over the child's second toe.
- Take the two beaded cord pieces and wrap the around the ankle of the foot. Tie the two pieces together in a double knot and trim any excess.
- Do the same it the other foot and sandal.
- To wear the barefoot sandals, place your foot through the larger opening and carefully stretch the loop over the second toe.