Beaver Meadow Audubon center is a beautiful and scenic nature preserve, it features ponds, glacial ponds, woodlands, meadows, wetlands, hiking and walking trails, hawk watch, and an arboretum. Many educational program are held in the nature center, plus there is an observatory that runs astronomical programs. Beaver lodges offer overnight stays for groups of 4 to 10 people. Many special events and festivals are held in the Audubon center, day camps and nature hikes are offered for visitors of all age groups.
Things to Do
- Families can have a fun day hiking on the nature trails that wind through out 324-acre of forests. The trails wind through the Beaver pond, you can spot beavers on your way. Visiting early morning is the perfect time for beaver spotting.
- The hiking trails are open every day from dawn till dusk, hiking trails let you spot wildlife and learn about and enjoy nature. Beaver meadow is home to many reptiles, mammals and birds.
- The nature center/visitor center hosts many indoor exhibits, a nature's library, children's discovery room, wildlife observation area and a gift shop.
- Skiing and snow shoeing activities are offered in the winters.
- Many festivals such as the Enchanted forest, maple harvest festival, and homestead festival take place at Beaver meadow.
Beaver Meadow Audubon Center Insider Tips
- For upcoming events, check the official website.
- Donate to support the Audubon society.