Unlike a regular art museum that showcases works to be gazed at and admired, Bellevue Art Museum makes visitors a part of the creative process. The museum started from an art fair and grew to become a hub for arts, crafts, and design. Bring your family for a creative and inspiring day at BAM.
Things to Do
- Check out ongoing exhibitions here. BAM has no permanent collections but most exhibits run for 5-6 months. Collections are usually in the form of contemporary mixed media works depicting current events and their relationship to the past.
- Don't forget to check out the creative room on the second floor for kids. Encourage them to write and draw their contributions on the walls. If you feel the need to sketch or to write down your ideas while seeing the collections, get pencils and papers from the Guest Services. Materials are provided for free. Imagination Stations are located all throughout the museum where you can engage in interactive sessions and create your own artwork.
- Check out the Sculpture Garden at the third floor. This outdoor space is adorned with large sculptures that complement the look of the place.
- Bond with your children while creating an art project. Join events organized by BAM such as Get Crafty Saturdays and family days. You can also participate in art discussions or attend book signing events. View the schedule of activities here.
Bellevue Art Museum Insider Tips
- Free museum admission every first Friday of the month.