The Belz Museum of Asian & Judaic Art is a small museum in Memphis, Tennessee which features the private art collection of Jack and Marilyn Belz, the owners of the city's historic Peabody Hotel. It displays over 1,000 fascinating works of art, including furniture, carvings, tapestries, glass, and jade objects. If you're looking for a place to spend an hour or two on a rainy day, it's a fascinating museum for families to explore.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum's collection of Chinese art, which is one of the most comprehensive collections in the southern United States. It features numerous items from the Qing dynasty, including stunning works made from jade and ivory.
- View the beautiful sculptures, paintings, ceramics, and textiles on display in the museum's galleries.
- Look at the Judaica collection which contains artwork related to Judaism, including works by famous contemporary artists such as Daniel Kafri. It also features 32 bronze relief sculptures which were created to illustrate the Bible and several pieces of modern Israeli art.
Belz Museum of Asian & Judaic Art Insider Tips
- Check out the museum's calendar to learn about upcoming events such as film screenings and free days.
- The best way to make the most of your museum visit is by taking a tour with one of their friendly guides.
- If you live in Shelby County, you can enjoy a $1 discount off of regular admission prices between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month.