Add vibrancy and cheer to any room with the flowers made in this sprightly Bendy Fabric Flower craft. This is a fun craft that artists of all ages can enjoy, so join together around the crafting table and create luscious bouquets of these peppy and beautiful flowers. Have fun experimenting with different color and fabric combinations to create unique floral masterpieces.
- 7- 8" X 2" strips of colorful fabric
- Mod Podge
- Wax Paper
- 7 Pipe cleaners, preferably white
- Small styrofoam Ball
- A scrap piece of felt of any color about 2"
- A button
- A Paintbrush
- A Pencil or Wooden Dowel
- Glue Gun
How to Make Them
- Place all of your strips of fabric onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Paint all of the fabric strips thoroughly with Mod Podge and a paintbrush.
- Allow the pieces to dry completely on the wax paper.
- Peel the fabric pieces off of the wax paper.
- Bend a pipe cleaner in half and twist so that you have a 2' teardrop shaped loop .
- Take a piece of fabric and fold it in half to crease. Then lift the fabric up and place the pipe cleaner loop side first under the fabric. The pipe cleaner ends should be sticking out.
- Use your hot glue gun to seal around the edges of your flower petal. Carefully press the edges closed.
- Repeat steps 5-7 with all of the petals and pipe cleaners.
- Use you scissors to trim up the fabric into the shape of oblong petals.
- Take out your styrofoam ball and evenly distribute the petals around the ball by sticking the ends of the pipe cleaners right into the sides of the foam.
- Next, take your small piece of felt and use your glue gun to adhere your button to the center. Trim the felt into whatever shape you would like for the center of your flower.
- Glue the felt with the button on it to the foam ball.
- Flip the flower over and insert a pencil or wooden dowel into the other side of the styrofoam ball.