Bengies Drive-In Theatre is a drive-in movie theater located in Middle River, Maryland, less than 30 minutes' drive from the city of Baltimore. This popular local attraction first opened to the public in 1956 and features the largest cinema screen in the entire United States at an impressive 52 by 120 feet!
A visit to Bengies Drive-In Theatre is a fun blast from the past that both kids and adults will love. You'll be able to experience the wonder of both new and classic films from the comfort of your car while listening to the audio through your car's radio system - something that is sure to amaze and entertain children of all ages.
Things to Do
- Spend the evening at Bengies watching a film or two (or even three)! Most evenings start with an old cartoon followed by a kid-friendly feature. Bengies always provides double features, but on Friday and Saturday evenings you can often see three different movies!
- Visit the Snack Bar to pick up your family's favorite movie treats - they sell classics like popcorn and hot dogs as well as other items like shrimp rolls, veggie wraps, fried breaded mushrooms, soda floats, and fresh-baked chocolate chunk cookies.
- If you have a well-behaved pet, feel free to bring them along on your family outing! Just make sure to follow Bengies' rules concerning pets, which can be found here.
Bengies Drive-In Theatre Insider Tips
- Make sure your car has an AM or FM radio before you visit - it is the only way you'll be able to listen to the movie audio.
- If you think you'd be more comfortable outside of your car, you're welcome to bring along a blanket or lawn chairs to sit on in the grass - just make sure you don't take up other parking spaces so there's room for everyone to attend.
- Make sure to get an Outside Food & Beverage permit for $10 if you plan on bringing your own snacks and drinks. Food rules are enforced, so if you don't want to pay for a permit then purchase your food from the Snack Bar.