Berkshire Botanical Gardens are one of the oldest and most beautiful gardens in the country, the gardens are significant in focusing on indigenous plants and there are many varieties to see. The gardens and public displays are open to tours May through October, and guided public tours are offered Monday through Saturday that are very informative. Visitors can enjoy touring the gardens and a stroll on the walking paths, visitors of all ages are welcome. The gardens and visitor center is open until 5PM.
Things to Do
- Visiting the gardens with your family is a delightful experience, take in the peace and tranquility of the gardens.
- The 1937 historic herb garden is a must see, there is a pond garden, an arboretum, vintage style gardens and fruits and vegetable displays.
- There are walking trails and benches to sit and relax, artistic pieces like sculptures and rock formations can be seen in the gardens.
- If you are looking for souvenirs and some snacks, tour the visitor center. Learn about classes and events at the visitor center.
- Many activities are offered for kids through out the year, art making, face painting, haunted house, puppet show, hay rides (seasonal) and much more.
Berkshire Botanical Gardens Insider Tips
- Children ages 12 and under pay no admission.
- Most of the terrain is stroller-friendly.