Big Joel's Safari is a petting zoo and educational park located in Wright City, Missouri, approximately an hour's drive from St. Louis. This working farm is run by Big Joel and his wife Mimi, whose passion for animals led them to open this family-friendly attraction so that people could come meet their animals and learn more about them.
If you're looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, then take the whole family to Big Joel's Safari for a fun day in the great outdoors where the kids can interact with animals.
Things to Do
- Ride a camel! Your child will love riding one of the camels at Big Joel's Safari. More than one person can ride the same camel at one time, which means that parents can sit behind small children so that they can enjoy the experience too.
- Take small children to the Safari Bounce House, where they can bounce to their heart's content for just $3 throughout your family's visit.
- Visit the Keet Shack, where you can enter the open bird aviary and feed the petting zoo's many parakeets. If you're lucky, one might land on your feed stick!
Big Joel's Safari Insider Tips
- Check out their calendar to learn about special events that you can attend. Popular seasonal events include their Fall Kickoff, the Spooky Safari for Halloween that features a corn maze and wagon rides, and Winter Wonderland, which includes a fantastic display of Christmas lights.
- Don't miss the Education Station, where you can learn about the animals, pet animal ambassadors such as alligators and snakes, and see fascinating animal artifacts like giant ostrich eggs!
- If your kid loves animals, surprise them with a birthday party at Big Joel's Safari. You can use their safari-themed party room, bring along your own food, and watch as the kids have a blast feeding the animals in the petting zoo.