Big Stacy Pool is a popular municipal pool located in Big Stacy Park in Austin, Texas. This free swimming pool has a few swimming lanes and a deep end where swimmers of all ages can practice their diving skills. Best of all, the pool is open year-round, which means you can even go swimming outdoors in Austin's mild winter weather and enjoy the warm well water that is pumped into the pool!
Things to Do
- Practice your swimming strokes or have a race in one of the pool's swimming lanes.
- Watch your child splash and swim in the free swim area or practice diving into the deep end.
- Explore the rest of Big Stacy Park, which has plenty of open spaces where visitors of all ages can run and play sports.
- Go for a short walk along Blunn Creek to nearby Little Stacy Park, which has a playground and a wading pool.
Big Stacy Pool Insider Tips
- Enjoy a picnic on the grass in Big Stacy Park when you're finished swimming, or head to Little Stacy Park to use the picnic tables and barbecue pits that are available.
- Be cautious when parking, since the parking area is located on a hill that slopes down into a creek.
- If you're planning to use the swimming lanes, make sure to use good pool etiquette and notify anyone else in the lane before joining them.