Big Surf Waterpark is a family attraction park located just outside of Phoenix in Tempe, Arizona. It features over a dozen exciting water-based activities that are designed to help keep you and your family cool despite the intense heat of Arizona's summers.
Bring the whole family to Big Surf Waterpark to float, slide, and swim in its many water attractions as you escape the heat! Every member of the family is sure to have fun due to its wide variety of rides that are especially designed for toddlers, teens, and adults who are young at heart.
Things to Do
- Splash, swim, and float around the Waikiki Beach Wave Pool, one of the largest wave pools in the entire country! Kids under 48 inches in height are required to wear a life vest, which can be picked up for free from the First Aid stand.
- Take your toddler to Captain Cook's Landing, an area designed for young children that features fun animals to play on including a seal, a giant frog, and an alligator.
- For a true thrill, try out the new Mauna Kea Zip Line, which lets riders fly over the top of the wave pool on a safely-secured zip line.
Big Surf Waterpark Insider Tips
- Visit the waterpark between 2 and 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday to pay the discounted price of 4 admissions for $48. They also offer special twilight admission prices of $15.95 per person between 3 and 6 p.m. each day.
- Don't forget to bring along sunscreen, sunglasses, towels, and flip flops or other sandals that are suitable for water-based activities!
- If you get hungry, you can buy snacks and drinks at the Big Surf Waterpark. Items for sale include Dippin' Dots, sub sandwiches, watermelon, and corn dogs. Adults can also enjoy a cocktail or other alcoholic beverage at Tahiti Phil's, a new full-service bar overlooking the Waikiki Beach area.