For over 140 years, Bishops Orchard has been committed to bringing its customers the highest quality in fresh produce that is grown with integrity and care. Bishops started off as a quaint roadside farm stand in the beautiful shoreline town of Guilford, CT and has flourished into the quintessence of the orchard industry. This perfect destination for families, offers many varieties PYO fruits and vegetables, family centered activities, a full service bakery, and market.
Things to Do
- Get lost in the Corn Maze, Hay Bale Maze and enjoy Wagon Rides
- Get up close and personal with the animals at the Petting Zoo, and Donkey rides offered.
- PYO apples, pumpkins, pears and berries, peaches, vegetables
- Shop at the robust and immense farmstand. The farmstand includes a plethora of farm fresh desserts, canned and jarred items, hoards of fruits and vegetables, homemade pies, and even staples like farm fresh eggs and milk.
- Visit the Winery.
Bishops Orchard Insider Tips
- Bishops Orchard now has the new addition of a winery open 7 days a week.
- There are snacks available for purchase out by the corn maze. You may want to have some cash on you for a quick treat.
- Don't forget to bring your camera. Bishops offers great Fall photo opportunities.
- Call ahead to find out what PYO is picking at the farm on any given day.
- There is also a pick your own location is in Northford, CT. about 20 minutes from the main farm location It is a little off the beaten path, the fruit is just as wonderful and the area is a lot less crowded.
- The corn maze is not stroller friendly. The terrain is to rough and rocky to navigate.