Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum is a popular art museum in San Antonio, Texas. Since 1986, the museum has provided the city with a venue where people can view contemporary artwork by local artists as well as renowned artists from all over the world. It also frequently organizes educational programs and community events for art lovers of all ages. If you're visiting San Antonio on a budget, it's also a great place to stop for an hour or two since admission is free for students and children.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum's contemporary art exhibits! In previous years, they have featured works by artists such as Hiroshi Sugimoto, Ed Saavedra, Kimberly Aubuchon, and Julia Landois.
- If you want to know what to expect to see when you arrive, visit the museum's current exhibits page to learn more about the various exhibits and read statements from the artists involved.
- Visit the museum during its annual Family Day event, which encourages children and adults to learn about artwork together while creating their own pieces with the help of local artists.
Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum Insider Tips
- Check out the museum's calendar to learn about upcoming events such as workshops for young artists, artist talks, art sales, film screenings, and special tours.
- If you're visiting San Antonio in the spring or summer, check the museum's website to find out if they currently have an Art in the Garden exhibit. They often collaborate with the San Antonio Botanical Garden during the warmer months to provide a unique experience that combines art and the great outdoors.
- Don't expect to be able to visit the museum any day of the week, since it is only open Thursday through Sunday in the afternoons.