Blue Water Ventures offer the perfect way to get out and experience the famed Californian marine life first hand. As part of their tours you will head out onto the Californian waters in a kayak to see the wonderful array of sea creatures that live there. If you have no experience of kayaking don't worry, their service is tailored for everyone from beginners to experts. Wildlife enthusiasts will adore the chance to get this close to nature.
Things to Do
- The company's most popular tour is their seals and sea otter tour. You will kayak out to Elkhorn Slough where there is a great variety of ecology. In these rich waters live many creatures big and small. You should encounter plenty of seals and sea otters; they may even come right up to your kayak!
- Blue Water Ventures offer various summer camps for ages 8-14. These summer camps offer kids the chance to learn how to kayak while also teaching them about California's local marine life.
- The Coastal Kayak Explorers Camp allows younger children the opportunity to familiarize themselves with California's spectacular coastline.
- The Sierra Wilderness Kayak Camp will take them to the beautiful Loon Lake 6500 feet above sea level where they will hike, swim and learn team work skills.
Blue Water Ventures Insider Tips
- Keep an eye on the company's Groupon page for discount coupons. You can use these coupons at another time if your trip happens to be cancelled due to bad weather.
- Make sure you bring a change of clothes for after your trip. It's no fun driving home in wet clothes!