The Boerner Botanical Gardens located in Whitnall Park in Hales Corners, Wisconsin, are a popular nature attraction near Milwaukee. Features include several specialty gardens and an arboretum that can be explored while walking along nature paths, as well as art displays that include sculptures and paintings. If you're looking for a beautiful nature area where you can get some fresh air and learn about nature, it's a great place to visit.
Things to Do
- Visit the Annual Garden and enjoy the views of its beautiful fountain and statues of children, a turtle, and a sundial.
- Explore the Rose Garden during its peak bloom in late June in order to see hundreds of species of beautiful roses.
- Learn about useful culinary and medicinal plants while wandering the Herb Garden.
- Go for a stroll along the Daylily Walk in July in order to see the gorgeous lilies swaying in the wind.
- Take your child to the Bog Garden, where they can look at all of the birds and other wildlife that live there.
Boerner Botanical Gardens Insider Tips
- Don't miss the Trial Garden, where you can see various flower trials each year, which are rated for their attractiveness, durability, and other qualities.
- If you love art, make sure to find out what paintings and sculptures are currently on display during your visit to the botanical gardens.
- Check out the park's free concert schedule for the summer.