Boomerang Bay is a water park located within Carowinds, a large amusement park in Charlotte, North Carolina. Its wide range of fun water-based activities make it a popular summer attraction for families wanting to escape the heat. Attractions include numerous water slides, two huge wave pools, a water jungle gym, special play areas for toddlers, and several family tube rides.
Things to Do
- Go swimming in the Great Barrier Reef or Bondi Beach attractions, two large wave pools that will make you feel like you're visiting the ocean.
- Take your child to the Jackaroo Landing, a three-story water jungle gym where kids can use water sprayers to soak each other or stand under a huge bucket that dumps 1,000 gallons of water every few minutes!
- Grab a tube and go for a leisurely float around the 1,000-foot long Crocodile Run lazy river attraction.
- Visit Kookaburra Bay or Kangaroo Lagoon and Wallaby Wharf with your infant or toddler in order to enjoy age-appropriate water play areas.
Boomerang Bay Insider Tips
- Don't miss the water slides! If you enjoy the thrill of enclosed water slides then you'll want to tackle Pipeline Peak, which features two body slides and two tube slides.
- If your child isn't a strong swimmer, you can pick up a complimentary life jacket for them to use while they play in the water.
- Admission to Boomerang Bay is included in the price of admission to Carowinds, so you might as well spend some time enjoying the rides in the amusement park too!