Boston Avenue Methodist Church is a center of spiritual, educational and social activities for the Christian community, the church is located in Downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, and is a National Historic Landmark. The architecture of the church's building is captivating, the building is a 255-foot tower, which is a non-conventional design for a church, representing American style of Architecture. The church was built in 1929, it features an auditorium, chapel, social lobby and classrooms. The architecture is quite an amalgam of the modern and traditional designs. Special worship services are offered for the children. There is a 1-acre park located just North of the church, the park is used for youth and family activities. Families can take guided tours of the church building, guided tours are given every Sunday.
Things to Do
- Tour the church building if you intend to re-connect to your spirituality or want to explore and appreciate the architecture and marvelous design and decor inside the church.
- Guided tours are educational and inspirational, see the beautiful circular dome and the sanctuary, the great Hall, the Rose chapel, and the Jubilee Center.
- Visitors can also take self-guided tours, information for the tours is available in the welcome center.
- See the beauty of the art and decor, the stained glass windows, and the North and South mosaics depicting scriptures, also visit the Columbarium.
- The Jubilee center on the first floor has classrooms, offices, lounge, game room, a gymnasium, shower and lockers.
- Families can enjoy outdoor activities in the park near the church.
Boston Avenue Methodist Church Insider Tips
- You can take photographs.