Board a World War II style amphibious vehicle and explore Boston on land and water with the Boston Duck Tours. Your ride will be accompanied with by an informative narration from a tour guide. This city tour is a unique and fun way to see the city and appeals well to families and children.
Things to Do
- The Duck Tours is a good way of taking in a lot of the city's biggest sites in one go. They take you past many of Boston's most popular and important tourist attractions. This includes the Old State House, Bunker Hill, the TD Banknorth Garden, Boston Common, Copley Square, the Big Dig, the Government Center, Newbury Street, Quincy Market and the Prudential Tower.
- The Tour finishes with the "Splashdown" where your driver dumps you into the Charles River only to re-emerge to give you a great view of the city. It makes for a fun end to the tour for kids.
Boston Duck Tours Insider Tips
- The main tour departs from the Prudential Center & the Museum of Science and runs for 80 minutes. There is a shorter abbreviated tour which lasts for 65 minutes and leave from the New England Aquarium.
- There are plenty of resources for you to avail of before you head on the tour itself. You can take the interactive tour, watch the tour video, read their brochure or have a look at the tour map which gives a full lay out of the two routes on offer.
- Discounts at a multitude of shops and attractions around Boston are available to people who take the Duck Tour. There are also early bird discount tickets to be had if you book online in advance.