Create an adorable piggy bank out of recycled materials. This a fun craft for children of all ages and each piggy bank can be individualized simply by changing up the patterned scrap book paper for each bank. Piggy banks like these are a fun way to save money for the future, while recycling and saving the environment by repurposing plastic bottles.
- A plastic soda bottle
- Scrapbook paper
- Double sided tape
- Colored card stock
- Googly eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
- Empty thread spoons
- Pipe cleaner
How to Make I
- Rinse an empty bottle with hot soapy water and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use your scissors to cut out piggy accents such as ears, and nostrils from construction paper.
- Attach with double-sided tape, as shown.
- Tape patterned scrapbook paper around body.
- Hot-glue empty thread spools on for legs.
- Use your sharp scissors to cut a slot at the top of the bottle large enough for coins to fit through.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around a pencil to create a squiggly tail.
- Make a small hole in back of the bottle to insert the end of your pipe cleaner tail.