Paint Bow Tie Pasta and transform each one into a beautiful butterfly to use on a paper scene, for puppet shows or pretend play. This craft can be created by even the smallest of hands. Use your creativity to paint different colors and patterns on each piece of pasta and watch the pasta turn into a beautiful work of art. Grab a box of pasta and start painting!
- Farfalle Pasta/ Bow Tie Pasta
- Pipe Cleaners
- Craft sticks or cardstock
- Acrylic Paint in a variety of colors
- Paper Plate ( for paint)
- Newspaper to cover your craft surface
How to Make Them
- Squirt a little bit of each color paint onto a paper plate.
- Paint the individual bow tie pieces of pasta. You can do coat and let it dry and go back and make a design on top like polka dots, or make stripes or splotches. We painted lots of them because the kids were having so much fun painting each one uniquely
- Allow the painted pasta to dry completely.
- Cut your pipe cleaner about 3 inches long.
- Wrap the center of the pipe cleaner around the center of the painted pasta, bringing both ends up toward the top for the antennae
- Curl the antennae toward you a bit.
- You can either glue them onto the tops of craft sticks and allow to dry or glue them to the cardstock paper that you have chosen and draw or paint a butterfly themed picture around your pasta butterflies.