Brackenridge Park is a large, wonderful, 343-acre park in San Antonio, Texas. Located just 3 miles from downtown San Antonio, the park is especially great for families due to the numerous fun activities it has in store.
Things to Do
- San Antonio Zoo - The zoo contains over 3,500 animals, including a plethora of birds, reptiles, and amphibians to keep every visitor, from young to old, curious and interested.
- Japanese Tea Gardens - A beautiful garden with a pagoda and amphitheater, this is a perfect place to stroll around and enjoy a unique culture.
- Witte Museum - A natural science and history museum, this is a perfect place for people who wish to learn more about South Texas history. Among the many interesting items on display, there are dinosaur bones as well as a circus collection.
- Botanical Gardens - In operation for over 40 years, this lovely botanical garden includes a greenhouse, a Palm and Cycad Pavilion, an overlook tower, a herb garden, and, that most famous flower of them all, a rose garden.
- Brackenridge Eagle Miniature Train - This is an incredibly fun activity for people of all ages, but kids especially will love riding on this historical narrow gauge train for 3.5 miles.
Brackenridge Park Insider Tips
- If you wish to play the Brackenridge golf course, the cheapest time to go is during the week, when it costs $60 instead of the $75 which gets charged on the weekend.
- If you are a bird-watching enthusiast, try going to Avenue A in the park, where you'll have the most luck spotting the park's numerous bird species.
- The park is free to go to, but the activities may cost extra (ie the San Antonio Zoo).