Bretton Woods is an outdoor recreation area that is part of the Mount Washington Resort in New Hampshire. It is one of the most popular spots to have fun in the snow due to the many activities it provides, including skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, dog sledding, sleigh rides, snowshoeing, snow tubing, skating, snowmobiling, and a winter canopy tour!
If you prefer to save your outdoor activities for the warmer months, you can also visit the resort when the snow has melted to participate in activities such as biking, golf, river tubing, fly fishing, and zip line tours.
Things to Do
- If your child loves go-karts then they're sure to love the Bretton Woods Kids Snowmobile Park, which has kid-sized snowmobiles that they can use to safely zip around a track.
- You can ski or snowboard at any mountain resort, so consider trying a new winter activity like snowshoeing or dog sledding!
- Try out other popular winter activities such as the canopy tour, snow tubing, or ice skating.
- Visit the spectacular Mount Washington Hotel across the street. It's got a beautiful welcoming lobby with fireplaces and great views of Mount Washington. You'll also find Nordic Skiing at the base of the property.
Bretton Woods Insider Tips
- You can find a full list of all of their summer activities, including horseback riding, fly fishing, and scenic lift rides on their website.
- If your child doesn't know how to ski or snowboard, they can learn by enrolling in one of their Hobbit Ski & Snowboard Programs, which are designed for children between the ages of 4 and 12.
- Save money by purchasing a season pass if you plan to visit the resort often.
- Grab a casual lunch/dinner at Stickneys at the Mount Washington Hotel, or for more fancy fare, make a reservation at The Bretton Arms Dining Room. You can also opt to order pizza & sandwiches at Catalanos at the Cog (a bit down the road), or take a trip over to Jackson/North Conway area (about 40 minutes) which has a bunch of good restaurants to choose from.
- There really aren't many places to get groceries or anything nearby.
- New Hampshire is home to many ski areas that are definitely worth exploring. Find more places to ski in New England in this handy guide.