The Bronx Zoo in New York is home to a fantastic array of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish and insects. The largest metropolitan zoo in North America it hosts a large number of exhibits, attractions and activities for all the family to enjoy.
Things to Do
- The African Plains are just one of the many exhibits which the Bronx Zoo is home to. Here you can see wild dogs, giraffes, gazelles and lions first hand. Among the rides you can enjoy is the Wild Asia Monorail where you will witness deer, antelope, turtles and the world's largest cattle.
- While at the Zoo there are plenty of activities you and your family can enjoy. Their 4-D Theatre matches incredible 3-D visual effects with the sensation of wind, mist, snow and more to make the experience as real as possible.
- As long as your child doesn't get scared of the kings of the desert, they can take a ride on one of the park's camels, or for something a bit more easy-going they can hop on board the Bug Carousel.
- For more animal encounters take them along to the daily penguin feeding at 3:30 pm or the Sea Lion feedings that normally take place every day except Wednesday at either 10:30 am or 11:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Bronx Zoo Insider Tips
- If you book your tickets online you will receive a $5 discount on each individual ticket.
- Children under the age of three enter for free. There is a discount for military personnel with a valid military personnel; however this discount is only available at the park's ticket booths and not online.
- In the weeks leading up to your trip take a look at the Zoo's events calendar to see what's on when you visit.