This hidden gem might be a little tricky to find but it surely is one of the best places to take your kids for their playtime. Brookside Park is located right across Rose Bowl. From there take the path between the swimming pool and the tennis courts to get to the park. The place is also locally dubbed as Pirate's Park, where kids have a great time on the big pirate ship in the playground.
Things to Do
- Take the kids to Reese's Retreat, a half-acre site, pirate-themed playground. Kids can play with planks, slides, ropes, sandbox, swings, and water fountains. Kids will not run out of things to do at the playground.
- Get coffee and food at the nearby shop and watch the kids have fun and make friends at the playground.
- There are plenty of picnic tables with grills to choose from. Gather the family for a picnic lunch and barbecue. The picnic area is mostly shaded by big trees.
- Play a game of tennis at any of the five courts, for free. Bring the team and play baseball or soccer at the fields. You can also play a game of handball or try your hand at archery.
- Exercise while enjoying your time with nature. Run, bike, and explore the hiking trail at the hillside. The park is also dog-friendly so you can take your dogs for a walk.
- Grab a book, relax, and wait for the sunset. The view in the park is especially nice during the sunset.
Brookside Park Insider Tips
- Parking is free.
- Bring a set of clothes for the kids. They'll be messy after they have fun at the sandbox and water fountain area.