When the weather is nice, wouldn't you rather get out of the house and back to nature than just sit in the house? If so, you and your family should consider going to Brown County State Park. Brown County State Park is the largest state park in Indiana and is visited by more people each year than any of the others. Head along and find out why!
The area has been designated as a state park since 1929 and is home to plenty of outdoor attractions for you and your family to enjoy. With over 15,000 acres of land at your disposal, you'll be spoilt for choice.
Things to Do
- Be sure to head along to the Nature Center to learn more about the area and find out about some of the events going on at the state park.
- Feel like relaxing? Why not enjoy a spot of fishing at the Brown County State Park.
- Stretch your legs as you head along on of the park's many hiking trails.
- Bring your mountain bikes with you. The park has a number of high-quality mountain bike trails.
- Have a game, set, or match of tennis on one of the park's tennis courts.
Brown County State Park Insider Tips
- Feel like you haven't done everything you wanted to do in the park? Consider staying overnight either by camping or by staying in a cabin.
- While there are fantastic places to dine, don't forget you can save money by taking your own food along and enjoying an impromptu picnic in a fantastic area of natural beauty.