Brushy Creek Lake Park is a 90-acre park located in Cedar Park, Texas, which is located approximately 20 miles north of Austin. Its most popular feature is undoubtedly its water splash pad where both children and adults can frolic in the water in order to escape the sweltering Texas heat. The park also features a playground, a large lake where fishing and non-motorized boating is permitted, a sand volleyball court, a nature trail, an exercise station, and a trail for hiking and biking, which make it a great family attraction year-round.
Things to Do
- Check out the water splash pad, which has tons of small and large sprinklers where children can splash and stay cool in the summertime. It is open from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. from May through September.
- Explore the beautiful 38-acre lake - there is a canoe and kayak launch as well as a fishing pier that you can use if you're an avid angler.
- Take your little one to the playground, which has swings for children of all ages, climbing structures, and slides.
- Go for a family nature hike and look for native wildlife, including the many birds that you can find near the lake.
Brushy Creek Lake Park Insider Tips
- Bring along some food and have a picnic or a barbecue in the park! There are plenty of picnic tables, pavilions, and grills that are available for public use.
- There are plenty of ways to get some exercise at the park - there's an exercise station as well as a hiking and biking trail that you can use with your family.
- Don't plan to go swimming in the lake, since it is not permitted.