Preserve the stunning beauty of the bubbles that you blow with this fantastic Bubble Painting Activity. Those gorgeous iredescent hues that we all marvel at really can be captured and transformed into artwork that lasts on paper. Use this activity to create frameable artwork, make book covers, stationary, postcards, scrap booking paper and more. More than anything though, this art activity is just plain fun for all ages.
- 1/4 powdered tempura paint
- 2 tsp dish soap
- 3 Tbs. water
- A drinking straw
- Poster paper
- A shallow bowl
How to Do It
- Mix the first three ingredients listed together for each of the colors that you desire to paint with.
- Lay out your newspaper to protect your art surface.
- Once the mixture is mixed well, take your straw and dip it into the mixture in the bowl. Carefully blow air into the straw and create bubbles in the mixture.
- Once a nice amount of bubbles is created in the bowl, gently roll your poster paper along the surface of the colored bubbles. The bubbles will create lovely painted bubbles on your paper before they pop.
- Lay your paper out flat to dry. Use books or other heavier objects along the edges to keep the moistened paper from curling.