Add a fun new twist to backyard bubble blowing by using recycled materials to make your own Bubble Snake Bubble Blower. Children of all ages will frolic at this easy to make variation to traditional bubble blowing made from items that you very likely have on hand at home.
Create a plethora of bubbles that stick together to form long chains of bubbles that resemble a snake. Add some food coloring to mix things up even further and add even more delight to your bubble blowing activity.
- Dish washing liquid
- A plastic water bottle
- An old sock that is missing its mate
- An elastic band
- Food coloring if desired.
How to Make and Play
- Use your scissors to cut about 2-3 inches off the bottom of your water bottle.
- Fit a Sock onto the cut end of your water bottle and secure with an elastic band. If the sock is a long one you can cut the top of the sock down to size so there isnt much excess, but leave the foot of the sock
- Pour some dish washing liquid into a shallow bowl.
- Dip the sock covered end of the bottle into the dish washing liquid until saturated.
- Place your mouth on the mouth of your water bottle and blow into the bottle and watch the bubbles flow out through the end of the sock.
- If you would like to experiment with colorful bubbles simply drop a couple of drops of food coloring on the end of the sock before you start blowing and colorful bubble