Feel and experience the old Texas in the Buckhorn Museum near the Alamo Plaza in San Antonio, Texas. Buckhorn Museum features unique animal exhibits, a saloon, shooting gallery, cafe, gift shop and the Texas Ranger museum. The ranger museum features hundreds of artifacts including guns revolvers, badges, photographs and much more. The animal exhibits are wonderful with over 520 species of wildlife from around the world. The Buckhorn museum is open seven days a week, and you do not need a ticket to visit the saloon, cafe and the gift shop.
Things to Do
- The Buckhorn museum is a wonderful place to visit for animal lovers, the wildlife collection has been growing for over 100 years in the museum.
- See an impressive collection of horns and antlers, the collection has animal displays from every continent.
- The Texas Ranger museum gives a glimpse into the history of Texas, the museum showcases a recreation of San Antonio 100 years back.
- The recreated town has a saloon, working jail cell, blacksmith shop, telegraph office and a Vintage ford deluxe on display.
- The Buckhorn cafe offers traditional Texas BBQ, burgers, salads, as well as kid's meals.
- Don't forget to visit the gift shop that has all things cowboy; Bowie knives, cowboy hats, t shirts, mugs and much more.
Buckhorn Museum & the Texas Ranger museum Insider Tips
- Discount coupons are available online.