Be surrounded by lovely blooms all year round at the Buffalo Botanical Gardens. There are outdoor gardens open for visit depending on the season and the plants in the twelve greenhouses make the place a beautiful spot to visit even in the winter. Gardens are also adorned with indoor waterfalls and koi ponds. The place features a variety of plant collections such as palms, fern, and orchids.
Things to Do
- Take your time in exploring the outdoor gardens. Start with the Front Entrance Garden lined with a variety of vibrant, colorful flowers depending on the season. You may also visit the Rose Garden from June to October and the Shrub/Perennials garden from March to October.
- Enter the main greenhouse and explore twelve indoor gardens featuring different plant collections. See the Florida Everglades at House 12, Orchid Collection at House 8, and the Ancient Rainforest plants at Houses 2 and 3.
- Kids can participate in hands-on gardening programs at the Wegmans Family Garden. They can dig, plant, touch, and explore plants at the indoor garden. From May through October, kids can also play at the Outdoor Children's Garden where they can smell fragrant herbs and watch butterflies.
- Visit the Gift Shop and get "I Love My Garden" merchandise. Garden supplies are also available for sale.
Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens Insider Tips
- If you are going with a group of 6 or more people, call in advance to avail of a Guided Tour package.
- Online reviews recommend visiting during the winter to see the beautifully decorated gardens radiating a warm and festive holiday cheer.