Cactus Park in Scottsdale is geared towards promoting fitness and wellness for the entire family. The 17.5-acre park has an aquatic and fitness center, basketball courts, a sand volleyball court, and an open turf. Smaller kids can also spend their playtime at the park's playground.
Things to Do
- Take the kids to the playground. The area is divided into two: a play space for older kids and another one for smaller kids. The kids can also play and run in the grassy area.
- Fill your picnic basket with food, choose a table, and have a picnic lunch with the family. Most tables are located under ramadas or shaded by trees so you don't need to worry about sitting under the sun.
- Organize games of basketball, volleyball, or frisbee. The park features 1 full and 2 half basketball courts, 1 sand volleyball court, and an open turf for a game of frisbee.
- Swim laps in the Olympic-size, 50-meter heated pool at the Cactus Aquatic and Fitness Center. The pool features diving boards too. Check their website for availability of lap lanes.
- Engage in aerobics, weight lifting, and exercise classes such as Yoga and Pilates at the Fitness Center. The staff can also assist you in creating your own fitness program. Aged 13 and under are not allowed to use the facilities.
Cactus Park Insider Tips
- Facilities can be reserved for private functions. Call the Booking Office for more information.
- Entrance to the park is free. Use of pool and facilities at the Fitness Center are charged on a per visit basis. Check the park's website for the rates.