California Citrus State Historic park preserves the cultural landscape of the citrus industry, the design of the park is reminiscent of a 1900's city park, the park has lush groves of oranges, lemon and grapefruit. The historic park is located in Riverside, California, and it includes an activity center, demonstration groves, an amphitheater and a picnic area. Docent led guided tours give an insight into the Citrus industry in southern California, citrus fruit tasting is also available for the visitors on certain days of the week. The park is open to visitors year-round.
Things to Do
- Bring your kids to this wonderful historic park that is spread across 377 acres of land, many trails wander through out the park that take you up close to the orange groves. Docent led tours are available on certain days of the week that are informational, you can also sample fresh fruits off the trees.
- Antique citrus grove equipment is on display in the park that sheds light into citrus making industry in the early 1900's. Visit the visitor center that houses a museum, where you can learn how citrus industry actually blossomed in California in the 1800's and early 1900's.
- Citrus fruit tasting is available on some of the docent led tours. Docent will give lots of information on the history of the citrus industry and will let you pick the fruit of your choice from the citrus trees. Picking citrus flowers and other material is prohibited.
- Families must also visit the gift shop that stocks very unique items. Picnic area is available for a family picnic.
- Concerts are held in the amphitheater in the Summer.
California Citrus State Historic park Insider Tips
- Wear good walking shoes.
- Tours don't require reservation.
- Parking fee is $5 per vehicle.