Canobie Lake Park is located in the historic town of Salem and having been opened over 100 years ago it has lived through quite a bit of history itself. Today it is home to a range of thrill, family and kids rides that should keep children big and small happy.
Things to Do
- If you have slightly older kids they will no doubt be dying to get on the thrill rides. They can be shot up into the air and then come hurtling back down to earth with the force of 3 G's on the Starblaster.
- For something with old fashioned charm you can take them on the Yankee Cannonball Coaster, the park's traditional wooden rollercoaster.
- There is a good choice of rides which parents can head on with their children. The Wave Blaster bounces its passengers up and down; the more weight there is the higher you bounce!
- For a view of the entire park you can head up on the Giant Sky Wheel which at its highest point looks out 80 feet above the park.
- There is a lot of entertainment on offer at the Park mostly centered around live music and parades. You can see what is in store during your visit on their shows page.
Canobie Lake Park Insider Tips
- There is a special section of the park for the youngest kids to enjoy. Also if your children are not so into thrill rides you can take them to them to the small water park on site.
- A park map and guide is available online.
- Parking is always free at the Park.
- Children aged 3 and under are free.